2008/11/13

Introducing The Experiment

Welcome to Doug’s Experiment; it is, you know, very experimental (for me, at least).  I am your host, the Generalissimo.  Welcome to the open house celebration.  Help yourself to some cheese and bread.  I have some wine and soft drinks on ice.  Oh, and I will be baking a couple of pizzas a little later, so don’t go away; my kids tell me my pizza is really great.  

Oops, I got off track.  You will find I do that from time to time.  Just throw something at me to get my attention.  There is no telling what (precisely) will go into this experiment, just as there is no way to predict what will come out of it.  However, I can make some general predictions about what you will find here.  (Pardon me a moment while I boot up my crystal ball.  Since it uses Internet Exploder, you know it is slow and prone to failure in various spectacular fashions.)

There may be some humor.  Yes, I do have a sense of humor...or something I use in place of a sense of humor.  Hopefully you will be amused now and then.
There will certainly be some foolishness.  Even those that strive to avoid looking like fools can not avoid it.  I, on the other hand, actively seek to look like a fool. (Like I have a choice.)
I hope to occasionally strain your brain.  Maybe I can get your train of thought switched to a different track; if I succeed, I will be ecstatic.
I will assuredly try to broach topics that will make you uncomfortable.  There are things that go bump in the night (and the day) that are much scarier than anything that we might imagine.
?

Well, my crystal ball appears to have crashed.  I will definitely have to see if I can put a Linux OS on it instead of the M$ OS that came with it.  We will just have to wait and see as this blog develops.

If you like what you see, tell me and tell others.  If you do not like what you see, tell me and tell others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doug, a good start. You should be aware that the color scheme you're using creates very low contrast text and will make your work harder to read on on many devices or under less than ideal conditions. You might consider changing it.

BTW, it wan't real clear.. what will you be writing about?

Generalissimo Piranha said...

How's that now, Wicky? Mo betta?

I know it wasn't clear. I will be writing about a little of this and a little of that. It is an experiment, after all.